Little Women - the Musical a 'MUST SEE"
See a brief video
of the show.
Based on Louisa May Alcott's classic 1869 semi-autobiographical novel, it focuses on the four March sisters - feisty, tomboyish, aspiring author Jo, romantic Meg, pretentious Amy, and kind-hearted Beth - and their beloved Marmee, at home in Concord, Massachusetts while the family patriarch is away serving as a Union Army chaplain during the Civil War.
Intercut with the vignettes in which their lives unfold are several recreations of the melodramatic short stories Jo writes in her attic studio.
Video Interview with News Channel 8
With an award-winning cast and crew, the production is already recognized as a 'MUST SEE' by:
- ShowBizRadio.net - Little Women has fantastic talent ... Schreiner’s cast is superb.
- Sun Gazette - Little Women offers clever dialogue, some hearty laughs, ... solid performances and worthwhile messages about family and life.
- Fairfax Woman - An Exceptional Group of Little Women ... and a Few Good Men. (page 30)
- dc.broadwayworld.com Look to the story below Avenue Q and Dreamgirls.
- Northern Virginia magazine (July issue)
"The McLean Community Players lend a melodic twist to the March sisters story in their production.'
- McLean Connection -- 'Little Women' Come to McLean Stage.
- Rich Massabny - The McLean Community Players can take the whole show, Little Women-the Broadway Musical, to New York City—it's that good!